Forum to bring criminal justice system into focus
Palm Beach State College will hold a special event titled “Moving Forward: A Criminal Justice & Community Forum” on Tuesday, October 25, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Public Safety Conference Center, Room PSD 108 on the Lake Worth campus. The event is free and open to the public.
Tory Dunnan, WPTV weekend anchor and multimedia journalist, will moderate the panel, which includes:
- Dave Aronberg, State Attorney, 15th Judicial Circuit
- The Honorable Jeffrey Colbath, Chief Judge, 15th Judicial Circuit
- Patrick Franklin, President & CEO, Urban League of Palm Beach County
- Michael Gauger, Chief Deputy, Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office
- Carey Haughwout, Public Defender, 15th Judicial Circuit
- John Howe, Attorney & former President of Palm Beach Bar Association
- Jeffrey Katz, Police Chief, Boynton Beach
- Frank Kitzerow, Police Chief, Jupiter
- Clarence Williams, Police Chief, Riviera Beach
“As the leading trainer of public safety professionals in the county, Palm Beach State College is in a unique position to offer a platform to provide education and awareness of current challenges facing law enforcement and the community,” says PBSC President Ava L. Parker, J.D. “We hope the evening will result in a better understanding among all stakeholders as well as provide positive steps we can take to move forward.”
Email questions in advance: The public is encouraged to email their questions for the panel by October 14 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit www.palmbeachstate.edu/Events/Forum.